On Wednesday, March 9, the launch event of MPI (Meetings Professional International) Peru Project Club was held, the largest association of the meetings and events industry in the world that arrives in Peru, with the creation of its “Club Project” to begin to group the professionals of the MICE industry, and get to create a Chapter or CHAPTER of country and that has been led by 5 Champions representing different companies in the sector.
MPI was created in 1972 and since then aims to “provide relevant education, networking opportunities, business exchanges and act as a voice for the promotion and growth of the industry”
Currently MPI has more than 17 thousand members around 80 chapters globally, allowing its members to access the largest specialized community in the MICE industry.
This initiative is a very important step to strengthen the MICE sector and encourage more professionals to get involved and develop in the important MICE industry “generating more than 250,000 jobs in Peru and that has contributed 2.5% of the national GDP in years of regular activity” according to Jorge León, President of the Lima Convention Bureau at the presentation of the hybrid event PERU EVENTS ARE BACK, held in June 2021 in Lima and with international dissemination.
It is a presentation event that was held in the Cusco room of the Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center with the presence of 100 professionals from the sector and was broadcast LIVE on the social networks of Hotel Perú News.
The 5 CHAMPIONS who lead the initiative and participated in the event are:
- Denisse Mac Cubbin Executive Director Lima Convention Bureau
- Jose Antonio Ganoza Country manager of RLA Events Technology in Peru
- Camila Rivera Groups & Business Travel Sales Manager at INTURSA
- Rosa Deustua Marketing and Sales Director DoubleTree hotels in Lima and Paracas
- Diana Bauer General Manager of BE PERU MICE & Boutique Tour Operator
We also had the face-to-face participation of:
- Isabel Álvarez, Deputy Minister of Tourism.
- Eduardo Azabache, Director General of Tourism Strategy of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur)
- Humberto Loarca, LATAM Sales Manager of the Mexican hotel group POSADAS, commercial director of the congress at MPI Mexico Chapter and member of the Latin American advisory board.
They also participated through international connections:
- Michel Wohlmuth, member of the International Board of Directors of MPI 2021-2023
- Drew Holmgreen Vice President of Brand Engagement at MPI 2021-2023
- Salvador Bernal, past-president of the Latin American Advisory Council
- Natasha Merino, President of MPI’s Latin America Advisory Council
- Ricardo Magaña, President of the Mexico 2022-2023 chapter of MPI
- Gunther Goldberg , President of TKM – Travel Konnections Meeting , a ZADAR Group Company